BIMevolution is dedicated to all aspects of design that can benefit from the evolution of the BIM model. As we all know, visualization plays a big part in helping the forward progress of our building designs. Before our designs can move forward in multiple phases throughout the project, we as designers must continuously use visuals to sale and gain approval for our ideas. Unlike many who today "default" to photoreal rendering creation, I've lived through the good ole days when rendering technology flat out sucked if you wanted to generate photoreal renderings in any kind of hurry. It is for this reason (and to save you the same forehead wrinkles I've earned throughout the years) that I will have a blog series focused on an old tactic using common but modern technology that all designers typically have at their disposal...an approach I'm calling "Rapid Visualization".
Rapid Visualization promotes a simplistic approach for creating the "right" visuals, at the "right" time, from your ever evolving BIM models. The techniques used will be directly connected and or linked to the design/documentation model (Revit in my case), and will "evolve" as your BIM model becomes more defined. We will focus on creating a road map based on answers to the following questions, which I urge all of you to ask before approaching any visualization need.
Basic Questions You Should Always Ask
- · What’s the goal for your visualization? What are you trying to sale?
- · What should be the deliverable given our need…live presentation, print outs, etc?
- · What level of detail will be needed in the Visualization?
- · Who is responsible for building the model and or the visualizations?
- · What tools and methods will be used to create this visualization?
- · Can we reuse this down the road as our visualization needs change with design
No comments:
Post a Comment